SMITHSBURG, MD News (10/18/2022) – Smithsburg will hold its monthly yard waste pickup on Wednesday, October 19th. Since the yard waste drivers will start at 3:20 a.m., Smithsburg residents should ensure that any yard waste is set early the evening beforehand. The Town of Smithsburg will host its monthly yard waste pickup two more times this year, on November 16 and December 21.
The December 21 pickup will be the last pickup until Spring 2023. Residents should note that any contaminates included with yard waste including plastics and Styrofoam will result in yard waste not being collected.
- Residential yard waste only, no commercial.
- Yard waste includes grass clippings, leaves, tree limbs and brush.
- Yard waste must be in biodegradable paper bags, brown paper grocery bags, or loose in garbage cans or cardboard boxes. Please make sure all bags are closed.
- Tree limbs and brush are to be no larger than 3 inches in diameter and no longer than 4 feet in length and must be placed in a garbage can, cardboard box or tied together with binder twine.
- NO PLASTIC BAGS OF ANY KIND WILL BE PICKED UP.
- No bag or can limit at this time unless this service is abused.
Any questions may be directed to the Town Hall at 301-824-7234.